PANEL | Listen to the first of the two-part panels titled “World-Wide Experiences” from ARSAD 2017.
To listen to the podcast, click on the ► icon on the right, just above the picture
Chair: Agnieszka Chmiel (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań)
- Lucinéa Marcelino Villela (Universidade Estadual Paulista). Shameless AD: the art of describing erotic scenes in Brazilian film ‘Future Beach’
- Bernd Benecke (Bayerischer Rundfunk). Can you believe it? An experiment with “subjective AD” for children
- Natalia Kiser (University of Warsaw), Clarissa Agostini Pereira (Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina). Live audio description to the 2017 Samba Carnival Parade in Florianópolis, Brazil
- Martin Zwischenberger (University of Teacher Education, Graz). Live audio description
- Lara Valentina Pozzobon da Costa (Lavoro Produçoes Artísticas LTDA). Audio description practices in big events (10’)
ARSAD. Since its beginning in 2007, the international seminar on audio description ARSAD has been a meeting point for all key agents interested in both research and practice in audio description. Its sixth edition, to be held in Barcelona on March 16th (all day) and 17th (morning) 2017, aims to take stock of recent advances while looking at the future of the field. ARSAD 2017 would like to engage practitioners, researchers, trainers, trainees, regulators, broadcasters, users, social activists, cultural managers, and anyone interested in audio description in a fruitful discussion on the past, present and future of audio description.